2.18.2009

My dreams.

I am going to blog about my dreams. Now I don't mean my goals or aspirations in life, but my unconscious thoughts that occur every night. Yes, I said every night. I think I may have the most active unconscious mind ever. I really should be studied at a sleep center somewhere.

Usually my dreams are rather enjoyable, so I guess I should be happy I don't suffer from many nightmares. If that was the case, I probably would have to be studied or at least have some therapy! But yes, I am fortunate enough to have happy dreams basically every night. I usually remember them better in the morning and if I wake up mid-dream, I can easily fall back into it and pick up where I left off. Or if I didn't like how it was going, I have altered some and then re-dreamed them more to my liking. Seriously.

In the book Drugs, Sex, and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck Klosterman has 23 questions he claims to ask everyone he meets in order to decide if he can really love them. Without getting too into that concept, here is question #6:

At long last, someone invents "the dream VCR". This machine allows you to tape an entire evening's worth of your own dreams, which you can then watch at your leisure. However, the inventor of the dream VCR will only allow you to use this device if you agree to a strange caveat: When you watch your dreams, you must do so with your family and your closest friends in the same room. They get to watch your dreams along with you. And if you don't agree to this, you can't use the dream VCR.
Would you still do this?

This is an interesting question and after very little thought, I would not do it. My dreams are sometimes very vivid and I remember the good ones pretty well anyways. Also I am fairly certain that I don't want my family and friends to know what goes on in my unconscious. I mean I don't always want to know what goes on there. So if you want to know about my dreams, just ask and maybe I will have a good one for you...

But some believe that your dreams can tell you something about yourself and your desires and needs if you analyze them. So I should probably keep a dream journal and maybe I could figure some things out about myself and my needs.

As for now, I will just keep on dreaming and who knows, this blogging experience just may end up in my dreams later tonight....