7.10.2009

...zzzzzzzzzz...

Man, this week has been exhausting for no particular reason I can think of. It's the middle of summer/internship and I think I'm getting run down.

So that means extra sleep, mucho relaxation, and not doing anything strenuous this weekend. I'm going to take the time to center myself and try to beat my exhaustion because the next couple of weekends are going to be busy. First Jazzfest and then 10klf! Boy, music/concerts 2 weekends in a row is pretty much orgasmic. *dreamy thoughts* Okay back to reality for now...

I've been beat this whole week and feel like a hamster running on my exercise wheel going nowhere. The only one to benefit from this tiring week is one of my on-again off-again love affairs: Starbucks.



Does the body good....


I've stopped at the 'Bucks every morning this week. Not good for my caffeine intake or my wallet, but oh-so-satisfying in the morning. I really need to cut back my intake next week though...

I also have been somewhat anti-social (so sorry to Mel and others). I missed a birthday outing, a canaries game, and other various social events but spent some great time with my Hawaiian best friend and watched a couple movies with friends. (side note: Slumdog Millionaire was good, but not so sure it was as great as everyone made it out to be. Oh the almost inevitable let down after great expectations.)

Since this post is kind of going nowhere, I'll give an update on my life.

I will more than likely end up staying in Sioux Falls until next May-ish. Unless some amazing opportunity comes up, for now I have decided to do the smart thing and try to organize my life a bit more before doing something drastic. I am thinking about spending the whole month of September traveling around to various places, so I should probably get a passport just in case I leave the country.

I'm going use those 9 months to take the GRE, apply for the Peace Corps, check out some graduate schools, and just try to get a job around here. I also have another idea for my life that is a little shocking, but is still in the very early thought stages, so I'm not going to spill it just yet or even until after I do it.


So there you go...just going to sit back and let things happen...kind of.