This past weekend was beautiful. Saturday was especially beautiful. Too beautiful to nap away. I spent most of the day with Emily. First, driving her around as she made some Cagey appearances and second, biking the entire 19 mile trail around Sioux Falls.
It was quite the adventure and I wanted to quit numerous times throughout the journey. But Emily, being the great friend and motivator that she is, encouraged me along. The pain increased along the journey, starting in the butt region. Bicycle seats are so uncomfortable and I have never experienced so much pain from them. Around mile 10 or 11, my leg muscles started burning. This was great as we still had 8 or 9 miles to bike. At least this new pain made the pain in my ass less noticeable. I wanted to quit and call someone to come pick us up but we were north out by the airport and nowhere near a road. Also, I couldn't think of someone who drove something big enough to fit us and the bikes in it for the rescue. Emily didn't want to leave the bikes behind anyways.
So we carried on and finally finished it 4 hours later. Not a very impressive time, but considering that neither of us bike much, I don't think we did too bad. I was so sore at the end, even my knuckles and fingers ached. Em and I parted ways, I went home, ate food as I was famished, showered, and fell asleep at 9 pm on the couch. What a great end to a great Saturday.
I'm trying really hard to be a good person to everyone I know and encounter which is really difficult sometimes. Sometimes my feelings are hurt and I just try to suck it up and keep going. I have a friend who questions our intentions as humans to be and do 'good'. He just doesn't get it when I try to explain that I want to try and be a good person and treat others well because that is how I want to be treated, even if those others treat me badly. Usually it works for me, but sometimes the exchange gets muddled a bit. I really think this friend just likes to try and challenge me, but his thoughts really make me question things sometimes.
I bake to clear my head, much like why I blog. Tonight I baked cookies and blogged.
So there you go.
Peace and love.