Well my holiday officially sucked. Hands down the worst Christmas I have ever experienced.
Wondering what made it so bad? It wasn't the 18.5 inches of snow Sioux Falls got. It wasn't the fact that the only time I have left my apartment in 2 whole days was to shovel my car out and move it to a clean parking spot either. It was the fact that I was completely alone.
Sure I received numerous texts and calls from people, but it just isn't the same as having someone with you. I also didn't appreciate the text from a relative rubbing it in that she was able to spend time with my baby aka my niece. It felt like people thought I actually wanted to be here by myself. It just hurt and I cried...numerous times. I'm glad the weekend is almost over because I can't take much more.
On the very dim bright side of the situation, I've had a lot of time to think about things, was able to walk around naked since the roomie was definitely gone, watched some How I Met Your Mother and finished season one of Friday Night Lights. So in other words, I've been insanely productive.
It's funny how you want what you don't have and in the past few days, all I've wanted is some/any company.
Well enough of my pity fest. I promise to be more upbeat in the next post...maybe.
Peace.