4.13.2009

daddy's girl

My dad is the best man I know.

Now I know a few good men, but my dad takes the cake. He is just so wonderful in so many ways. I have always been a daddy's girl and always will be. He is strong, caring, and supportive.

He understands that I am my own person and capable of making my own competent decisions. He loves me no matter what I do and I don't think there is anything I could do that would make him disown me.

We have great conversations from politics to baseball. I am often amazed at how knowledgeable he is about the world and about life. I can only hope that I am as intelligent as him one day.

My dad and I circa 1992.

Some people say my dad and I are a lot alike and I hope it is true. I am thankful everyday to have him as my dad and couldn't ask for a better one.

I only hope one day if I have a child, his/her dad is as special to them as mine is to me.